Sausage, peppers, onions, pasta. Perfect. You take care of the pasta, we'll help you with the sauce.
Author: Proper Sausages
Recipe type: Pasta
- 2 # The Romagna Sausage
- 1 large can of italian tomatoes, peeled or crushed
- 2 cups peppers, sliced or dice
- 2 cups yellow onions, sliced or diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbl red pepper flake
- 2 tbl fennel seeds
- ½ head fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1 tbl dry oregano
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauce:In a large sauce pan brown, but do not fully cook the sausages over low-medium heat in two seperate batches.
- Remove sausages and reserve on plate uncovered. Discard some, all, or none of the sausage fat.
- Add peppers, onions, garlic, fennel seed, crushed red pepper to sauce pan and cook over medium heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add can of tomatoes and oregano cook for 25 minutes over low-medium heat while covered.
- Slice reserved sausages into 4-5 slices per link and add to sauce, continue to cook, uncovered over low-medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, or Parmesan, fresh ground black pepper.
- Also makes for an incredible sandwich.